THIS WORKSHOP IS SOLD OUT
What is it?
Held in the heart of Amsterdam, one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, this is an intensive two day workshop designed to take your wedding photography to the next level.
When is it?
15th & 16th October 2014
Where is it?
1016 ST Amsterdam
This workshop is designed to help wedding photographers of all levels of experience improve their work by focusing on the core elements required to shoot in a documentary style. It is a completely new workshop written from the ground up with emphasis on the art and craft of wedding photography. As with all of my workshops, it will be laced with anecdotes from the past 20 years and a good deal of humour.
Over the two days we will cover;
1. Lighting - The major area where photographers come unstuck on the wedding day often resulting in using flash to cope with the light. We will look at how to deal with the trickiest of lighting without having to resort to flash to give your images more depth and realism. All lighting situations you can expect to find on a wedding day will be covered including; low light, dance floors, spotlighting, downlighters, window light, bright sunshine, overcast skies etc.
2. Composition – The structure of an image is something which sets a good photographer apart from the rest. I will show you the main compositional tools I use in my photography, how to use foreground and background elements to emphasise key parts of the picture, easy ways to create compositional flow and rhythm through a photograph and how to crop for effect.
3. Formal pictures – Yes you did read that correctly!! After giving many critiques to photographers over the past year, formal photography is an area where lots of wedding photojournalists struggle and yet formal pictures are often requested by the client. I will be covering group and bride/groom pictures including setting up and posing groups and couples quickly and effectively.
4. Camera craft – Even in this high tech digital world, good camera skills are essential for getting professional results. As well as looking camera technique, I’ll cover metering and how to use lenses effectively to both flatter and highlight your subject.
5. Workflow – An efficient method of going from capture to print is essential for any photographer. We will discover my workflow from start to finish, showing you the time saving shortcuts I use in my business to speed up and make the whole process more enjoyable. There will a demonstration of how I work on my images in Lightroom and how I get the black and white pictures which are such an intrinsic part of my style.
So why should you choose this workshop when there are hundreds of photographers out there offering to teach you?
I’ve been a photographer for nearly twenty five years, covering over 1500 weddings in that time. I am a working photographer like you, that understands and respects the industry and has continued to stay at the forefront of the profession. I am passionate about what I do, and in particular I am passionate about doing things the right way. To have remained at the top of the industry for such a long time and to have kept on producing work which is fresh, exciting, different and appealing to today’s clients is something that I am incredibly proud of.
I have been presenting workshops since 1995, that’s not far short of 20 years, for industry giants like Fuji, Kodak, MPA, BIPP, and Canon. I’ve taught photographers in many different countries and every workshop that I have ever presented has been a sell out. I was the photographer that was chosen to teach the legendary Don McCullin how to shoot with a digital camera and also how to process his digital images. Nothing gave me more satisfaction than seeing Don cover the conflict in Syria with his digital cameras just weeks after I taught him. It is that satisfaction of seeing someone take on board what I teach and then running with it that keeps me presenting seminars.
The cost of the workshop is £380 + vat. The full cost is 100% tax deductible against your business. The cost includes teas and coffees on both days. Lunch isn’t included but there are many places nearby where lunch is available. If you are business within the European Union, you will not be charged the VAT.
The seminar will start at 09.30 each morning and finish at 17.00 each evening.
If you are based in Holland or any other European country, please
book your workshop place here
If you are based in the UK, please visit
this page to book.
Please carefully read the Terms and Conditions before booking.
The workshop is open to photographers of all experience levels, but will suit those that shoot in the documentary style. For overseas photographers a good command of the English language is essential. It isn’t necessary to bring your camera for this workshop.
Thanks for your interest in this event and I hope to see you in October.
“Having attended a couple of Jeff’s seminars over the years I can vouch for the very honest and candid, but very useful information presented. His knowledge of the industry and the clients he serves is unsurpassed and I would very much recommend any wedding photographer with a passion for photojournalism attends the seminar”. ~ Kevin Mullins
“Here in Bangalore India, wildlife photography is a big draw. I was on one such 5-day trip last year, and it cost me the same amount as Jeff’s workshop, though the worth of that one and this was like night and day! If anyone is on the fence making up their mind about attending, I can tell you that you will cherish every minute of it, this coming from a delegate to one of Jeff’s workshops last year! This is a steal. GO FOR IT!” ~ Shashi Kolar
“Just wanted to thank you for the last two days at Watford, uplifting and backside kicking in appropriate proportions. I attended two years ago at a time where my work was taking a far maturer direction and my clients in the south have, fortunately just begun to change for the more discerning. What you’re doing in terms of educating photographers to educate our clients and make them more photographically literate is so important, and I’d encourage you to keep doing that. Thanks for the honest approach to your seminar Jeff. One simple word: Perfect.” ~ Neale James
“Thank you for everything,this has been such an amazing experience. Truly inspirational! And the stories… OMG the stories:)” ~ Aniko Towers
“I attended Jeff’s workshop in Manchester and can honestly say that it was money well spent. I have been shooting weddings for a few years now and while I felt confident with where I wanted to be heading with my style, I felt stuck in a bit of a rut. Jeff’s entertaining and open approach to the workshop brought fresh enthusiasm to push myself further. I felt buzzing with inspiration which has continued into subsequent weddings I have shot.” ~ Rob Ward
“This workshop is a must for anyone interested in adopting a documentary approach to wedding photography. Over the two days you’ll see hundreds of incredible photographs and get a real a thorough insight into what Jeff looks for on a wedding day; from composition and the way he adds context into his images, through to his incredible use of available light. This is real photography and a thoroughly inspirational workshop.” ~ Steven Carter Hewson
“If you’re looking to improve every aspect of your business, from shooting to attaining quality clients, I honestly cannot recommend Jeff’s course highly enough. It’s not just a learning experience – it’s a change of mindset. Worth every single penny and then some.” ~ Jamie Emerson
“I know it’s been a while since attending the workshop in Watford. There was a mass of information that I took from Jeff’s workshop that has taken time, studying and practise to see how the various elements gel together. The workshop gave me the information I needed to be confident in developing my own style and approach to wedding photography, how to identify the images I wanted to gain, yet also decide which were good enough to make the final short list. After years of chasing moments that were nice enough but were always a fraction too late, I learned how to wait for pictures to happen and how to use instinct and experience to gain a single picture that can be studied and enjoyed. However, more importantly, I understand how to value the skills that I’ve learned, price them accordingly and be confident in growing a profitable business.” ~ Rob Dunning